THE BLUE MOUNTAIN RECREATION COMMISSION IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
RECREATION SUPERVISOR - SPORTS AND AQUATICS
Blue Mountain Recreation Commission, Schuylkill County, PA is seeking an energetic, organized, self-motivated, reliable individual to serve as the Recreation Supervisor of Sports and Aquatics.
The candidate should possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and be computer proficient. This position is responsible for assisting the Recreation Director with the planning, implementing, evaluating, and managing a broad range of community recreation/aquatic programming, special events, facility rentals, etc. for people of all ages and abilities.
The Recreation Supervisor plans, develops, promotes, markets, implements and evaluates a broad range of inclusive recreational programs and events for the community including working with subcontractors to provide expanded services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following job qualifications and requirements:
-Excellent communication, management and organizational skills.
-Prior experience working with children, sports camps/clinics, sports leagues including league scheduling is preferred, but not required. Experience conducting playground safety audits including recommendations to municipalities/schools is a plus.
-Experience working in Pool Management, Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor Training, Facility Management, Staff Scheduling, Recreation Programming, Marketing, and Special Events is preferred.
-Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License suggested. Must be obtained within the first 6 months of hiring if not currently certified.
-Red Cross certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED required within 6 months.
- Pesticide License including Category 24 must also be obtained within the first 6 months of hire.
- Computer skills and ability to work with a variety of software and internet applications needed. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and MyRec (or something similar) preferred.
-Current Driver’s License for the State of Pennsylvania. (Or be able to secure within 30 days of hire.)
-Must be able to lift, transport, and carry equipment, supplies and materials.
-Current Criminal History, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprinting must be presented at time of application. Mandated Reporter Training must also be acquired within 30 days of hire. Must not have been named as a perpetrator of a founded report of child abuse or convicted of crimes under Title 18 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes or equivalent crime in another state. These include, but are not limited to Driving Under the Influence, Drug Related Offences or such similar felony charges.
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience working in the Parks and Recreation Field or similar operation.
Practical, volunteer, or paid experience preferred, in a municipal park and recreation agency.
-Assist on interviews for all new staff hires
-Assist in the oversight of all gym attendants in facilities, this includes scheduling
-Assist in the marketing and advertising of Recreation programs
-Assist staff in the planning and implementation of special events
-Assist in coordinating recreation programs with the rest of the recreation team
-Supervise part time employees in all areas below
- Swim Lesson Registration
-Oversee and manage swim lesson instructors and swim classes, fill in when needed
-Review swim lesson program through parent evaluations
-Act as an advisor to the Youth Swim Team
-Run aquatic trainings including Lifeguarding and Swim Lessons
-Complete all Red Cross materials and paperwork for submission upon completion
-Hold staff meetings for aquatic staff on a regular basis
-Take daily Chlorine and pH tests for weekly analysis of pool water
-Track and manage all swim lesson/swim team supplies
Leagues (Adult & Youth)
- Check all equipment before the season starts to verify that all necessary materials and supplies are on hand to run the program. Advise director what is needed when equipment is ordered.
- Dispose of old equipment and stock gym closets with new equipment as needed.
- Co-ordinate publicity for leagues with Director.
- Recruit PIAA officials for leagues, as needed.
- Set up league schedules and playoffs.
- Create league registration and rules materials, distribute to public.
- Inform all league players of recreation commission and school district rules and regulations. Enforce these during league play.
- Check league rosters and confirm player eligibility, residency, etc.
- Compose and type up game results and league standings.
- Handle all problems and protests which may occur during season.
- Design and order all trophies, medals, and t-shirts.
- Handle all emergency situations and administer first aid as needed during all programs.
- Assist facility attendants in setting up equipment as needed.
- Type up end of season standings and submit to media which should also include team pictures of winners.
- Programs currently include: Youth Basketball League, Girls Youth Volleyball League, Adult Volleyball Leagues
- Organize Sports Clinics throughout the school year.
- Organize Sports Camps throughout the summer season.
- Publicize information through media outlets
- Create registration materials.
- Coordinate with coaches and booster clubs to conduct activities.
- Recruit volunteers for programs where necessary.
- Order sports equipment for individual programs where needed.
- Order t-shirts and any other handouts that are necessary for the programs.
- Take pictures and file in the shared drive when programs are occurring.
- Programs currently include are: Youth Indoor Soccer, Biddy Wrestling, Summer Sports Camps, School Year Sports Clinics.
- Keep track of inventory of supplies and equipment out on sites and provide replacements for broken equipment when necessary.
- Collect, check and file all weekly paperwork.
- Provide special equipment/supplies to sites as requested.
- Compose all end of year evaluation for site leaders and participants.
- Collect evaluations and record results to be turned into the Director for recommendations for next year's program or for information to municipalities on needed repairs or corrections on site.
- Organize staff for collecting of supplies and inventory.
- Keep a general inventory of supplies and equipment; recommend for purchase what is needed.
This position is full time and requires attendance at programs and events which are scheduled in the evening outside of normal working hours at times. Salary/wage is commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Blue Mountain Recreation Commission
ATTN: Jennie Heiser, Office Manager
P.O. Box 188
Orwigsburg, PA 17961
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE, Excellent Benefits.
All submittals must be received no later than 4:00 P.M. on September 29, 2023
The Blue Mountain Recreation Commission is currently looking for individuals (18 and older) to work as gymnasium/facility attendants during the fall/winter season. This is a part-time seasonal position. Individuals are responsible for the supervision of games, practices and recreational programs (such as basketball, wrestling, swimming, etc.). We are looking to fill positions at the Blue Mountain Middle School, Blue Mountain Elementary East and Blue Mountain Elementary West. Available hours are Monday-Thursday evenings (5:45-9:00 p.m.) and Saturdays (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.).
CPR/First Aid certification preferred, but can be obtained upon hire.
Application deadline November 3rd
LIFEGUARDS (SCHOOL YEAR)
Location: Middle School
Hours: vary based on assignment
SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTORS/WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTORS
he Blue Mountain Recreation Commission is currently looking for individuals (15 and older) to instruct during our popular fall Swim Lesson Program! Are you interested in teaching children a life skill? Must possess the ability to swim all 4 strokes, be 15 years old. W.S.I. certification preferred but not required. Evenings and/or Saturday mornings at the Middle School Pool.
CPR/First Aid certification preferred, but can be obtained upon hire.
Application deadline October 6th
Location: Blue Mountain East Elementary and Blue Mountain West Elementary
Hours: 6:30 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, with full and part time positions available.
Coordinator: Melissa Kull at email@example.com
BMRC Childcare is a DHS licensed childcare program with positions available at the Group Supervisor and Assistant Group Supervisor level. We hire year round, with part time hours available during the school year and full time hours available for a 10 week camp during summer.
This job is ideal for college students in Human Services fields looking for paid experience or internship hours, and individuals with paid childcare experience or a degree in a Human Services field. Staff are expected to engage positively with students at all times, participating in and coordinating activities throughout the day and accompanying students on summer outings.
If you are interested in applying to any of these open positions, please reach out to the listed coordinator by phone at (570) 366-1190, or click the link below to download our application and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Mountain Recreation Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider